When our bodies are experiences anything in a constant pattern weather that be thought of physical repetitiveness. Lines and colors and texture of your hands change. So in the case of diabetes, it has a few markers that can indicate if you have diabetes. If you currently have diabetes, and are taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle, in time you can see these signs fade in your hand. If you have not been diagnosed, these signs can be early warning for you.
The following may be a little technical for most to understand, but it gives you an idea of just how many different ways diabetes effects your hands....
Hand Markers for Diabetes Type 1 & 2
- Appearent hand shape asymmetry.
- Fungal infection of the nail (onychomycosis);
- Redness in proximal nail fold (chronic paronychia);
- Half white, half pink nails (Terry's nails);
- Blue lunula;
- Yellow nails + yellow skin;
- Spoon nail (koilonychia).
- High finger length asymmetry: e.g. 2D:4D asymmetry.
- Simian crease
- Sydney line.
- Fingers: radial loop on ring finger;
- Fingers: radial loop on pinky;
- Fingers: high thumb minus pinky ridge count (high MD15);
- Palm: triradius c below ring finger is missing;
- Palm: ridge line C ends below ring finger (abbortive ridge line C);
- Palm: a-b ridge count summarized for both hands < 70 (ridge count between triradius below index finger & triradius below middle finger);
- Palm: 2 or 3 triradii on hypothenar;
- Palm: high positioned axial triradius;
- Palm: triradius t is missing;
- Palm: ulnar loop on hypothenar;
- Palm: radial arch on hypothenar;
- Palm: pattern in the hypothenar OR thenar of just one hand;
- Palm: high density on thenar.
- Thick, waxy/thickening skin on back of the hand (sclerodactyly)
- Pink patches on back of the hand / fingers (granuloma annulare lesions)
Our Modern Palmist can help you find the health answers you are looking for.
What Our Clients Are Saying
My corporate reading showed me, my perfect career paring. It shed light on my personality strengths. I was able to use that confidence to do what I was always too afraid to do before"........."We hosted a private palm pair up party, it was a huge success! I discovered why I feel such a strong connection with my friend, turns out we are palm pairs!"
Parties Available Across Canada